Are you interested in human rights lectures as well as volunteer activities?
Do you want to learn more about furthering human rights movements and initiatives on campus?
Do you dream of yourself working in the UN, international organizations or international NGOs?
We invite you to the 2020 Human Asia Global Human Rights School!
● Theme: The Jangmadang Generation: Young People & Human Rights in North Korea
● Format: Zoom meeting (online)
● Date: Saturday 15 August, 2020
● Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
● Speaker: Sokeel Park (South Korea Country Director, Liberty in North Korea)
● Intended audience: all young people between the ages of 14 - 19 with an interest in human rights
● Language: English
● Hosts: Human Asia, Liberty in North Korea
Watch the documentary 'The Jangmadang Generation' and make a poster on the lives and rights of young people in North Korea
○ A3 sized poster, using whichever medium, design and materials you’d like
○ To be presented via Zoom during class
○ Participants will be asked to send their artwork as a digital file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on Friday 14 August
● Registration link: https://bit.ly/2Vijovu
● Deadline: Thursday 13 August, 6:00 PM
● Registration fee: 15,000 won to Human Asia 533301 - 01 - 116492 Kookmin VBan
○ 10,000 won for Human Asia supporters and HURASIA club members
○ 7,000 won for applicants from underprivileged backgrounds
To receive the discount as a applicant from an underprivileged background:
Apply for the Global Human Rights School through the Google Link
Submit the relevant documents (i.e evidence of single parent and/or low-income family background) to email@example.com
○ Cancellation before Friday 31 July: 100% refund
○ Cancellation before Thursday 13 August: 50% refund
○ Cancellation after Thursday 13 August: No refund
● Certificate of completion for Human Asia’s Global Human Rights School
● 2 hours of VMS volunteer service for watching the documentary and creating the preassigned poster
● Tel: 02-723-1673
● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Asia's Human Rights Schools:
Human Asia strengthens solidarity and social empathy on human rights in Asia through
diverse educational and advocacy programs for young people. Our human rights schools allow
young activists to gain rights-related knowledge and human rights sensitivity through lectures
and group activity work. We provide human rights schools in both Korean (spring & autumn)
and English (summer). We also host the ‘Moving Human Rights School’ where specialists visit
schools and provide lectures upon the request of our human rights clubs.